NeoPop PSP is a port of the NeoPop emulator to the Sony PlayStation Portable platform. It’s written in C and uses GU (Graphical Utility toolkit) for rendering.
Table of Contents
Version 0.71.15 (September 30 2007)
- Fixed a serious crash caused by having many long filenames in the same directory
Unzip neopop.zip into /PSP/GAME/ folder on the memory stick.
Game ROM’s may reside anywhere (the GAMES subdirectory is recommended, but not necessary). NeoPop PSP supports ROM loading from ZIP files.
The emulator currently comes with the following default key mappings:
|Analog stick||Directional pad up/down/left/right|
|Directional pad||Directional pad up/down/left/right|
|[ ] (square)||Button A|
|X (cross)||Button B|
|[L] +®||Return to the emulator menu|
By default, button configuration changes are not retained after button mapping is modified. To save changes, press X (cross) after desired mapping is configured. To load the default mapping press ^ (triangle).
- There are a number of bugs that are emulation-related and will not be fixed unless someone else fixes them. See the official homepage for a list of bugs (including missing audio in Sonic Pocket Adventure).
- DAC audio playback is currently not implemented. This is most noticeable in the absence of the usual ‘Se-ga!’ voice at the beginning of the Sonic Pocket Adventure. If enough people are interested, support may be added in the future (it’s mostly missing because the emulator is already slow).
- Enabling the frame limiter seems to slow down the emulation unnecessarily. For now, keep it turned off.
- Music playback seems to be lagging in comparison to video—this is hard to confirm, since the emulator never reaches 60fps with sound, making it is impossible to test it at full framerate.
- If you have any comments, please contact me.
Emulator’s source code is only available via a Subversion (SVN) repository. To check out a particular version, run
svn co http://svn.akop.org/psp/tags/neopop/version
where version is the release version (for example, 1.2.1). Note that for this to work, you need to have Subversion installed.
0.71.1 (September 18 2007)
- Initial release
|PSMonkey||bug fixes that prevented NeoPop from running on a RISC platform|