SMS Plus PSP is a port of the SMS Plus emulator to the Sony PlayStation Portable platform. It’s written in C and uses GU (Graphical Utility toolkit) for rendering.
Table of Contents
Version 1.3.1 (October 16 2010)
- Adds support for TMS9918-based display modes, making games like F16 Fighting Falcon and Rozetta no Shouzou playable
- Saving changes to controls is now automatic (no longer need to press X to save)
Unzip smsppsp.zip into /PSP/GAME/ folder on the memory stick.
Game ROM’s may reside anywhere (the ROMS subdirectory is recommended, but not necessary). SMS+ PSP can load ROM’s from ZIP files.
Starting with version 1.2.55, SMS Plus PSP includes a “time rewind” feature, which allows you to rewind recent gameplay (approximately 20 seconds). Map ‘Special: Rewind’ to any PSP button to enable this feature.
The emulator currently comes with the following default key mappings:
|Analog stick||Directional pad up/down/left/right|
|Directional pad||Directional pad up/down/left/right|
|[ ] (square)||Button 2|
|X (cross)||Button 1|
|[L] +®||Return to the emulator menu|
By default, button configuration changes are not retained after button mapping is modified. To save changes, press X (cross) after desired mapping is configured. To load the default mapping press ^ (triangle).
Emulator’s source code is only available via a Subversion (SVN) repository. To check out a particular version, run
svn co http://svn.akop.org/psp/tags/smsplus/version
where version is the release version (for example, 1.2.1). Note that for this to work, you need to have Subversion installed.
1.2.55 (January 18 2009)
- Time Rewind feature by DaveX – “rewind” recent gameplay (approximately 20 seconds). Map ‘Special: Rewind’ to any PSP button to enable this feature
1.2.5 (December 08 2008)
- When switching games, latest save state will be automatically highlighted
- Rapid fire support – map any button to A or B autofire (‘Controls’ tab). Change the rate of autofire in the ‘Options’ tab
- Snapshots are now saved to PSP’s PHOTO directory (/PSP/PHOTO), and can be viewed in PSP’s image viewer
- File selector snapshots – while browsing for games with the file selector, pause momentarily to display the first snapshot for the game
1.2.4 (September 11 2007)
- Added animations to the menu UI
- Fixed buffer overflow error affecting units without a battery
1.2.3 (July 20 2007)
- 20% speedup in emulation speed with new 8-bit video rendering
- Option to turn off FM emulation for an additional 48% improvement in emulation speed. This means that with FM emulation disabled, all games will play at 100% speed with VSync enabled
- Various small bug fixes
1.2.2 (July 14 2007)
- Fixed a bug that caused subsequently loaded games to crash
- Added an option to use a faster, less accurate sound emulation engine (improves performance by 3-4 fps)
- Added an option to remove the leftmost vertical column for SMS games
1.2.1 (July 11 2007)
- Initial release
|Charles MacDonald||SMS Plus|
|Simon Tatham||fixed.fd font on which the emulator’s font is based|
|Gilles Vollant||Minizip library|
|Ruka||PNG saving/loading code|
|DaveX||Original time rewinding code|
|Chris Swindle||for pointing out the reason behind the lag in the source of original SMS Plus PSP|